Egg-White Parsley and Onion Scramble is inspired by Ejjeh, a traditional egg and parsley patty that is made before Easter. I really do love the "real" Ejjeh, but for regular mornings sometimes you need something a little lighter!
This is the first of my "un-stuffed" recipes, with the idea being I will feature several lightened-up versions of some of our favorite tastes!
What ingredients do I need for Egg-White Parsley and Onion Scramble?
- Salt and Pepper
- Almond Milk
- Extra-virgin olive oil
How do I make Egg-White Parsley and Onion Scramble?
Wash parsley thoroughly and snip off the long stems. Then chop up the parsley to a fine consistency. Next, peel and dice one medium onion. Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add parsley and onions and stir until onions are beginning to soften.
For the eggs, I wanted to keep it light, so I used mostly egg whites. I separated the whites from four eggs and combined that with 2 whole eggs. (In other words, whisk six egg whites and two yolks with a fork.) Add two tablespoons of almond milk, salt, pepper and dried mint to the egg mixture and then pour over the onions and parsley in the pan.
Check out the 1-minute short video in the recipe card below.
Continue cooking over medium low heat until eggs are cooked through. Use a rubber spatula to scrape the sides of the pan as you mix it all together. You can serve this with a side of homemade kefir for an extra healthy breakfast!
Egg-White Parsley and Onion Scramble
- 6 eggs (2 with yolk and 4 egg whites)
- 1 small bunch of parsley (about 2 cups chopped)
- 1 medium onion diced
- ½ teaspoon salt or less, to taste
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ tablespoon dried mint
- 2 tablespoons almond milk
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Wash parsley and snip off long stems. Then dice finely.
- Peel and dice one medium onion.
- Crack six eggs but only keep two yolks. Whisk eggs with a fork. Add two tablespoons of almond milk. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan over medium heat. Add parsley and onions and stir until onions are beginning to soften. Add spices and stir one minute more.
- Pour eggs over parsley and onion mixture. Cook over medium low heat and use a rubber spatula to gently mix together until eggs are cooked through.