Authentic Lebanese Baba Ganoush
Luscious, roasted eggplant, savory flavors and zesty spices make up this creamy dip.
- 1 cup mashed roasted eggplant
- ¼ cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons olive oil plus more for brushing eggplant
- ¼ teaspoon salt or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon sumac
- ⅛ teaspoon smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
Slice the eggplant in half lengthwise. Then brush the underside and tops with olive oil. Roast the eggplant flesh side down for 45 minutes. Then let the eggplant rest until cool to the touch. Scoop out the flesh and add to a food processor.
Add olive oil, tahini, salt, cumin, sumac, smoked paprika, and fresh lemon juice. Pulse until blended together. Add fresh chopped parsley and pulse some more.
Scoop hummus into a serving bowl and garnish with smoked paprika, sumac and toasted pine nuts.